After deciding who will be included in your Joyous data we can easily import your people data directly into Joyous via CSV file.
Our preferred method of delivery is through SFTP. You can either push the CSV file to the Joyous SFTP or host the file for Joyous to retrieve. Please communicate your preference of data delivery so we can ensure that by the time you have the CSV ready we can securely receive it.
Follow the 3 steps below to complete the import of your people data using a CSV file.
STEP 1: Creating the CSV file
🗒Here is a sample CSV file for you to use as a starting point.
Required attributes for each unique individual:
- Individual identifier e.g. an employee id or email address
- Given name (include only first or preferred name)
- Last name
- Preferred Contact Method (specify SMS or Email per individual)
- Email address and/or mobile phone number based on the preferred contact method
- Manager id/email (individual identifier of the manager who will be responding to the individual)
- The manager must have their own unique row and individual identifier in the data
- Only the highest manager will not have a responder id value
All people who will be logging into the Joyous tool (such as managers or full visibility people) will need a email
Extra custom attributes can be used as flags and filters within the Joyous tool. We recommend including at least the following:
- Job title
STEP 2. Providing Joyous with the CSV file
- Exchange SFTP details with Joyous and conduct a test file transfer
- Set up ongoing transfer of the CSV extract
🔐Our preference for receiving data is through a secure file transfer. Yet in some situations sending the CSV via email may be a required. If so please password protect the CSV file and provide the password in a seperate email.
STEP 3: Data quality checks
When your data is sent through we will do the following data checks. Checking for these yourself will speed up the process:
- Number of individuals included is correct
- No duplicate individuals
- All people have a manager id/email assigned (excluding the highest leader)
- Each individual has an entry for their preferred contact method (email or mobile number)
- Mobile number is correctly formatted <area code><mobile number>
- Given name only includes first or preferred name and family name is in a separate column
All people that need to log in to Joyous are included as unique rows in the people data and have an email address
- Extra custom attributes are present
- We will check that there is no circular reporting line - i.e., a manager listed twice within the same reporting line.
After completing the 3 steps above your integration is complete.
📞Get in touch if you want to use Microsoft Azure or OKTA alongside CSV for single sign on.
Data Security at Joyous
Please download this PDF if you would like to understand more about how we handle data security at Joyous.