You can use the Participation table to understand participation for the conversations you can see in Joyous.
Understanding the Participation table
1. Conversation starters sent.
- This is the total number of conversation starters sent to people.
- A conversation starter can be thought of as a single email or SMS.
2. Answered by team members.
- This is the number of conversation starters that had at least one response from a team member. Responses include: selecting a rating, selecting an answer to a multiple-choice question, submitting a comment, or submitting an image.
- The % is calculated by: Answered by team members ÷ Conversation starters sent.
3. Team member commented.
- This is the number of conversations that contain at least one team member comment.
- The % is calculated by: Team member commented ÷ Answered by team members.
4. TOTAL CHATS. This is a combination of Chats started by team members and Chats started by leaders.
- This is the total count of conversations that include at least one comment by a team member and one comment by a leader (i.e. a two-way chat).
- The % is calculated by: TOTAL CHATS ÷ Team member commented.
- To the right of the table, you'll see this key:
- This key will help you determine which groups of leaders are having the most and least two-way chats with team members.
5. Chats started by team members. These are the chats where the team member commented first.
- The number of conversations where the team member made the first comment.
- The % of conversations that turned into two-way chats started by team members.
6. Chats started by leaders. These are the chats where the leader commented first.
- A leader can be anyone who makes a comment in a team member's conversation. It could be a team member's direct leader, subject matter expert, coach or someone else.
- The number of conversations where the leader made the first comment.
- The % of conversations that turned into two-way chats started by leaders.