If you are a leader or someone who has been tasked with responding to people in Joyous, you will be able to view feedback in your live feed.
When a team member provides feedback it appears in a conversation card.
The 9 elements in a conversation card
1. The team member's initials or avatar appear in a circle.
2. The team member's details.
- This displays the team member's name and business group.
- You can click on the Team member's name to see more information about the team member such as department, manager and role.
3. The rating scale question sent by Joyous.
- At the start of a Joyous conversation, the team member is usually presented with a rated statement and asked to select a score from a rating scale.
- This text is the rated statement that the user was asked by Joyous.
Note: The first question may not always be a rating scale question, but this is the most common type of first question.
4. The team member's score.
- If the team member selected a score their feedback appears in your live feed.
- The score selected is displayed underneath the rated statement.
- The team member may choose to skip selecting a score, in which case Skipped question will appear instead of a score.
Note: A conversation card for a specific question for a team member will only appear in your live feed if a team member answers a question.
5. The free text question sent by Joyous.
- After a team member selects a score or skips a rating scale question, they may be asked a related free text question by Joyous. This is to encourage them to send helpful feedback and begin a discussion with you as their leader.
- If a team member doesn't respond to the free text question, then it will not appear in the conversation card. Below is an example of how a conversation will appear if the team member didn't respond to the free text question.
Tip: As a leader, you can still respond to a team member, even if they have not replied to the free text question. This is a good idea, especially if the person has scored 6 or below.
6. The team member's comments.
- The team member's comments can appear anywhere in the conversation and will be to the right of their initials or avatar. They can comment multiple times.
- Their name isn't repeated above their comment as it's already mentioned at the top of the conversation card.
7. Other people's comments.
- If you have commented on a conversation, your comments will appear in a blue message bubble on the right-hand side of the conversation. Your initials or avatar appear on the right-hand side of your comments.
- Other people's comments will appear in a white message bubble on the left-hand side of the conversation. Their initials or avatar appear on the left-hand side of their comments.
8. REPLY button.
- Leaders can click the REPLY button.
- A modal will appear where leaders and subject matter experts can respond to team member comments.
9. Leader response icon.
- This icon appears when there is no leader response on a conversation. It is a visual cue for leaders or subject matter experts looking at the live feed. The icon shows them which conversations they need to respond to.